Join us as we travel to Michigan to the Peabody Ice Climbing Club. It is here you will find an amazing set of man-made ice towers, 45 and 72 feet high nestled into an old apple orchard. These towers offer a chance for climbers to practice the sport of ice climbing in a controlled environment. Rope systems offer climbers the opportunity to try a variety of “routes” up the ice in a safe way, at their own pace, while getting cheered on by the rest of the group!
Once we arrive, you will be fitted with all of the climbing equipment you need, including climbing boots, crampons (knife-like attachments that go on the bottom of your boots to help your feet “grab” onto the ice as you climb), a harness, a set of ice picks, and a helmet. All you need to bring are warm clothes!
You’ll have the opportunity to try ice climbing with guidance, instruction, and support for several hours. During this time you will also be belaying for other climbers (this is where you stand below the climber and attach their climbing rope to your harness so they don’t fall), and enjoying watching others attempt climbs.
Skill level: Moderate
There is some physical exertion involved in this activity, however it doesn’t require a climbing background to be successful! In the last trip that included 14 diverse (in age, gender, and physical ability) and new climbers, each person was successful climbing the ice and everyone had a GREAT time!
Pricing: $115.00 per person
- Transportation to and from the event - we will be departing from a Canton-area location (shared with you via email after official registration and payment). The Adventure Bus has 13 reclining, leather seats, interior and exterior LED lights, and a flat-screen TV. *There is no restroom on the bus.
- All of the climbing equipment required for ice climbing and a day-pass for the climbing towers.
- A Bucket List Adventure Company Ohio "Ask me what I checked off my bucket list!" signature t-shirt (hand delivered at departure).
- A signature Bucket List Donut to celebrate on the way home...because sprinkles are for winners!
- Snacks and drinks while we travel.
Trip Date/Itinerary: Sunday, March 5, 2017
- Leave Canton-area at 6:30 a.m. (Exact departing location will be shared upon registration via email)
- Arrive at Peabody’s at approximately 10:15 a.m.
- Check-in and distribute equipment.
- Climbing until approximately 2:30 p.m.
- Stop for dinner on the way home.
- Arrive back to Canton-area at approximately 7:00 p.m.
- This trip is for anyone 15 years of age and older. Children ages 15-17 must be accompanied by an adult and have parental permission (forms sent via email upon registration).
- Upon registration each participant will receive, and must complete a waiver for both Peabody Climbing and Bucket List Adventure Company Ohio.
What to bring:
- Warm, weatherproof pants, a winter jacket, hat, gloves, warm socks, and goggles or sunglasses. More detailed clothing suggestions will be provided upon registration.
- A bag for extra clothing and personal items.
- A packed lunch and money for dinner.
- A refillable water bottle.
- A camera - an Adventure Leader will be available to take photos of you using your camera during the experience.
- Your completed waiver form, sent via email upon registration.
- A sense of adventure of course!
What NOT to bring:
- NO ALCOHOL or DRUGS are permitted onsite, or on the bus!
- No smoking is allowed on or near the bus.
Fun Fact: There are technically two types of ice climbing: climbing alpine ice and water ice. Alpine ice is found in a mountain environment, much like climbing to summit a mountain, but it’s covered in ice. Water ice is usually found on a cliff or another edge over which water has flowed, including waterfalls.
Fine print: This trip is for adults and/or children aged 15 years and over only. This trip is non-refundable. Once you have paid through this website, you will not be refunded any of your total costs for any reason. HOWEVER, it is transferrable. If you should become unable to attend the trip you may send someone in your place. However, this person must meet any requirements of the trip (age/weight restrictions/ability). Transfers must take place within 24 hours of the time of departure and must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com. In this email, you must state: the adventure, date of adventure, person who is unable to attend, person taking your place including all contact information that you provided when registering yourself. No alterations can be made to the reservation when transferred, such as room sharing, t-shirt size, etc. Bucket List Adventure Company Ohio LLC is a travel agency that books adventures that oftentimes are weather dependent. Cancellations and re-scheduling of trips may occur due to weather or other factors outside of our control. Please understand that when this occurs we will do our best to reschedule in a timely manner and on a date close to the event, but this date is often dependent on the collaborating company that may be providing the service. Refunds will not be issued due to weather-dependent rescheduling. If you are unable to attend the date on which the event is rescheduled, you may send someone in your place.
All participants will be required to sign a release form before the start of the adventure. Children ages 15-17 years of age must have a parent’s permission. If a participant fails to complete a form, or uses incorrect or incomplete information, he/she will not be allowed to complete the adventure. A photo ID is required upon arrival. Bucket List Adventure Company LLC reserves the right to refuse a trip to anyone for any reason. If a participant is deemed a danger and/or nuisance to fellow participants or company employees, the participant will be asked to leave. The participant may be required to find alternate transportation to the original departure area from the location at which this decision was made. This is done to ensure the safety and well being of other participants, and to ensure that all Bucket List customers have a positive, enjoyable experience.